The 13" Wide Inkjet Printer Guide
The Canon PRO-1 is a pigment ink photo and fine art printer. It is designed for professionals and enthusiasts who desire excellent quality and long term fade resistance. The printer reproduces true-to-life colors and performs best with luster, satin, and semigloss media. This printer differs from the Canon PRO-1 in ink cartridge size and the addition of dark gray and light gray inks.
You can read our full review of the PRO-1 here.
The PRO-1 works with glossy, satin, luster, photo metallic, matte, cotton fine art, and baryta inkjet media. A number of sizes are can be printing without borders.
- Sheets 4" x 6" up to 13" x 26.61" through the auto-sheet feed path
- Single sheet specialty path for heavy and thick media
- CD printing
- Achieves true-to-life color reproduction
- Four black system creates superior B&W output
- Clear optimizer enhances glossy, satin, and photo metallic output
- Large ink tanks require fewer changes
- Canon Lucia pigment inks offer excellent fade resistance
- Has both photo black & matte black ink on-board and does not require switch over and ink loss when changing media types
- Selling price is high relative to other comparable 13" printers
- Performance with matte and cotton fine art papers could be better
- dMax, black density, could be better
- Software - the forced 30mm print margin with the fine art paper setting is unfortunate but understandable. Canon fears heavyweight fine art paper could be hit by the print head or suffer from blurry print near the edges. Still, we feel the end user should be able to decide to use or disable the recommended margin.
- Photo or Matte Black
- Photo Cyan
- Photo Magenta
- Chroma Optimizer
- Light Gray
- Dark Gray
- 4" x 6"
- 5" x 7"
- 8" x 10"
- A4 (8.3" x 11.7")
- Letter (8.5" x 11")
- 10" x 12"
- 14" x 17"
- B (11" x 17")
- A3 (11.7" x 16.5")
- A3+ (13" x 19")
*Borderless option subject to media type selected
- PictBridge (Cable not included)
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
Best papers for the Canon PRO-1
Red River Paper offers a wide assortment of inkjet media in many sizes for the PRO-1. Check them out here.
Around $999 from most online retailers. Always check the manufacturer's website for potential rebates and special pricing offers.
27.4" (W) x 18.2" (D) x 9.5" (H)