Epson SureColor P400
The 13" Wide Inkjet Printer Guide
The SureColor P400 uses Epson's UltraChrome Hi-Gloss pigment ink system with gloss optimizer to produces punchy color and bold contrast. Compatible with most inkjet papers, the P400 seems best suited to photobase glossy, satin, and photo metallic papers. Output on matte and fine art papers are likely to exceed your expectations as well. Black & white performance is good, but fully neutral grayscale output is hard to achieve.
The P400 is compatible with all types of inkjet media from glossy to cotton fine art. A number of sizes can be printing without borders. The printer supports custom sizes within the range mentioned above. Two specialty paper paths are available for exotic and heavy weight media.
- Sheets 3.5" x 5" up to 13" x 44"
- Rolls 13" wide
- Specialty media up to 1.3mm thick
- Bold color and contrast
- Gloss optimizer enhances glossy, satin, and photo metallic output
- 17 mL ink tanks require fewer changes
- Good print speeds mean it can be used as a production printer
- Has both photo black & matte black ink on-board and does not require switch over and ink loss when changing media types
- Broad borderless size options
Best Papers for the Epson P400
Red River Paper offers a wide assortment of inkjet media in many sizes for the Epson P400.
Around $599 from most online retailers. Always check the manufacturer's website for potential rebates and special pricing offers.
23.0"(W) x 12.3"(D) x 6.3"(H)
- Top auto-feed tray path could be more robust for heavier matte and art papers
- Black & white tonality could be better. However, this printer was designed with color output in mind so this is just a small complaint.
- Photo or Matte Black
- Gloss Optimizer
- 3.5" x 5"
- 4" x 6"
- 5" x 7"
- 8" x 10"
- A4 (8.3" x 11.7")
- 8.5" x 11"
- 11" x 14"
- 12" x 12"
- A3 (11.7" x 16.5")
- Super B (13" x 19")
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 (1 port)
- 100Base-T Ethernet (1 port)
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED (802.11n only)
- PictBridge (1 port)
- Epson Connect: Epson iPrint Mobile App