Over time, the rubber rollers that feed paper in your inkjet printer can lose their grip. This results in misfeeds, jams, and other frustrating printer errors.
408A Rubber Renue restores rubber rollers that have hardened and lost their tackiness and flexibility. It causes the rubber to swell, allowing dirt to come out of its pores. When the solvent dries, the rubber returns to its form and remains tacky, allowing rollers and platens to retain their grip.
Applications and Uses
408A restores the tackiness of rollers, helps to remove dirt, ink, and sticky residues.
SAFETY & WARNINGS
- Rubber Renue is a blend of highly volatile solvents.
- These solvents should not be breathed in, or used within a non-ventilated environment.
- Clean parts in an exterior environment, or under adequate ventilation exhausted safely to outside the building
- Download the product Material Safety Data Sheet
- MOVE YOUR PRINTER TO AN OUTSIDE LOCATION OR OPEN GARAGE
- If you cannot move your printer, open windows and ensure adequate ventilation
- If you have to work in an enclosed space, you must wear a VOC filter mask
- Use gloves, and appropriate safety measures to prevent breathing in fumes
- Apply a small amount of the product to a clean, dry cloth (just enough to dampen cloth)
- Apply portion of the cloth dampened with Rubber Renue onto roller wipe until surface is clean
- You may manually rotate the feed roller so that you can apply Rubber Reunu to the entire roller
- Allow area to dry until Rubber Renue has completely evaporated
- After Rubber Renue has evaporated store cloth in a sealed container until it can be washed or discarded