Choose this 4-ply museum grade board for matting, mounting and preservation of fine prints, precious documents, and traditional and digital photographs. Red River's board meets all industry standards for consistency, preservation and quality. It passes the Image Permanence (P.A.T) Photographic Activity Test, and meets the Library of Congress Standards for image permanence. Meeting these rigorous standards are what make our Museum Board the perfect choice for photographers, artists, conservators, museums and framers.
IMPORTANT - These are solid sheets of mat board cut to size. There are no cut outs (holes) for use as frame matting.
Made from 100% cotton, all Red River Museum Boards are acid-free, neutral pH and buffered with calcium carbonate. Museum Board is made in the USA.
Good to Know:
- 100% Cotton made in the USA
- Acid, Lignin, and Chlorine Free material
- Archival and Buffered with Calcium Carbonate for Neutral pH
- Optical Brightener (OBA) Free
- 4-ply board, 60 mil thickness
- Passes PAT (Photographic Activity Test)
- As part of print sale presentation packaging
- Print storage - as an archival stiffener
- Matting - Cut the opening of your choice with a mat cutter
- Red River Paper is made by printing enthusiasts for printing enthusiasts. Whether you are a professional photographer, photographic enthusiast, designer, or business, our experts have firsthand knowledge of all our products. If you have a question, give us a ring or shoot us an email. You’ll receive a lightning-fast response from an actual live human with actual real-life expertise.
- Material: 100% Cotton-rag Content
- Archival Aspects:
- Acid Free
- Lignin Free
- Chorine Free
- Buffered with Calcium Carbonate to achieve neutral pH
- Passes Photographic Activity Test (PAT) ISO 18916 standard
- OBA Content: None
- Thickness: 60 mil (0.06 inch)
- Is this foam board? - No it is mat board made of 100% cotton. Foam board is foam with thin paper on the top and bottom.
- Will you offer full sheets? - No. We will not offer finished sizes at this time.
- Can I print on it? - No it is not coated for inkjet printing. It is for matting, presentation and storage.
- 60mil sounds really thick? Is that right? - Yes, mat board is thick compared to photo paper, which is usually 10mil.
- Will you cut a custom size for me? - Not at this time. We are considering that as a service for the future.
- Will you offer board with cut outs for photos and art? - No.
- Will you offer black mat board? - Possibly but not in the immediate future.