The 13" Wide Inkjet Printer Guide
The Canon PRO-10 is a pigment ink photo and fine art printer designed for professionals and photographic enthusiasts. The printer reproduces true-to-life colors and performs best with luster, satin, and semigloss media. You would compare this printer to the Epson R3000. It differs from the Canon PRO-1 in ink cartridge size and the absence of dark gray and light gray inks.
You can read our full review of the PRO-10 here.
The PRO-10 works with glossy, satin, luster, photo metallic, matte, cotton fine art, and baryta inkjet media. A number of sizes are can be printing without borders.
- Sheets 4" x 6" up to 13" x 26.61" through the auto-sheet feed path
- Specialty and thicker media via a single sheet feed path
- CD printing
- 10-inks provide true-to-life color reproduction
- Canon Lucia pigment inks offer excellent fade resistance
- Robust paper feed system can handle heavy and exotic inkjet media
- Clear optimizer enhances glossy, satin, and photo metallic output
- Has both photo black & matte black ink on-board and does not require switch over and ink loss when changing media types
- dMax, black density, could be better
- Performance with matte and cotton fine art papers could be better
- Print speeds are a little slow - this is only a minor issue as the printer is not designed for volume printing
- Software - the forced 35mm print margin with the fine art paper setting is unfortunate but understandable. Canon fears heavyweight fine art paper could be hit by the print head or suffer from blurry print near the edges. Still, we feel the end user should be able to decide to use or disable the recommended margin.
- Photo or Matte Black
- Photo Cyan
- Photo Magenta
- Chroma Optimizer
- 4" x 6"
- 5" x 7"
- 8" x 10"
- A4 (8.3" x 11.7")
- Letter (8.5" x 11")
- 10" x 12"
- 14" x 17"
- B (11" x 17")
- A3 (11.7" x 16.5")
- A3+ (13" x 19")
*Borderless option subject to media type selected
- Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n)
- Hi-Speed USB
- PictBridge (Cable not included
Best papers for the Canon PRO-10
Red River Paper offers a wide assortment of inkjet media in many sizes for the PRO-10. Check them out here.
Around $699 from most online retailers. Always check the manufacturer's website for potential rebates and special pricing offers.
27.2" (W) x 15.2" (D) x 8.5" (H)