The following is a hack to allow you to print 11x14 borderless for these Canon printers:
Please follow the instructions carefully for best results.
Note - Hacks are by nature not perfect. There is a chance this could not work for you or you may have a small white margin that remains. If you follow all of the instructions this should work. If it does not, there are no further suggestions we can make to fix the issue.
Your printer will need to be turned on and connected to your computer.
Go to the Apple Menu > Printers & Scanners
Click on Options and Supplies > Utilities > Open Printer Utility
Click on the drop down menu and select Custom Settings. Uncheck the Detect Paper Width option and click Apply.
Choose an image and go to the Print module
Click Page Setup in the lower left corner of your screen.
- Set the Format For drop down to your printer model.
- Paper Size drop down - select the 14"x17" 36x43cm (borderless) option.
- Set orientation to match that of your image
Back in Lightroom click Print Settings on the lower left of your screen.
- Under the Quality and Media menu, set Paper Source to Manual Feed.
- You will set your media type and print quality at this time, then click Save.
- Go to the Borderless Printing menu and set the Amount of Extension to Max
Back in Lightroom, locate the Layout menu on the right side of your screen. Set the following:
- Margin Bottom - 3 inches
- Cell Size Height - 14 inches
- Cell Size Width - 14 inches
The preview should now look like this. In some cases, there may be a small white stripe at the end of your print. It should be no larger than 1/8" of unprinted area. You may experiement with the margin and cell sizes if you want to try and avoid the issue.
Load your 11x14 paper into the single sheet manual tray as shown below.
Provided you followed the above directions, you should now have a (very nearly) borderless 11x14 print!