The 13" Wide Inkjet Printer Guide
It is a 13" wide, five color, dye based photo inkjet printer. Designed for bold color reproduction on any quality inkjet paper, the iP8720 is a photo printer that should be considered by the graphic designer, agency, business user, and greeting card enthusiast.
You can read our full review of the iP8720 here.
The iP8720 works with all types of inkjet paper. A number of sizes are can be printing without borders.
- Sheets 4" x 6" up to 13" x 26.61" through the auto-sheet feed path
- CD printing
- Dye ink system means fast print speeds and broad paper compatibility.
- 5-colors system provides good color and contrast.
- Top feed paper tray, critical for maximum inkjet paper compatibility.
- Pigment black for text printing allows for rapid print speeds and saves photo ink usage.
- The standard ink cartridge capacity of 7 mL seems small in comparison to other desktop models. The XL tanks at 11 mL are a better choice. However, we feel that pricing for the larger tanks should reflect some volume discount, but that is not the case at this time.
- The best possible output from the iP8720 comes when using a printer color profile. For most users, letting the printer manage color output (not using a profile) will yield more than acceptable results. For the most critical user, using an inkjet paper with an iP8720 printer profile will satisfy their higher expectations.
Best papers for the Canon iP8720
Red River Paper offers a wide assortment of inkjet media in many sizes for the iP8720.
Around $225 from most online retailers. Always check the manufacturer's website for potential rebates and special pricing offers.
23.3"(W) x 13.1"(D) x 6.3"(H)
- Pigment Black - For text printing
- 4" x 6"
- 5" x 7"
- 8" x 10"
- A4 (8.3" x 11.7")
- Letter (8.5" x 11")
- 10" x 12"
- 14" x 17"
- B (11" x 17")
- A3 (11.7" x 16.5")
- A3+ (13" x 19")
*Borderless option subject to media type selected
- Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)
- Hi-Speed USB
- PictBridge(Wireless LAN)